Hotel Ansitz Plantitscherhof
Merano - South Tyrol - Italy / South Tyrol
Unique ambience thanks to an incomparable combination of romantic and modern. Golden SPA, creative cuisine, extraordinary wine selection.
Hotel Ansitz Plantitscherhof in Meran
Spend every day enjoying life at its best, consciously aware of every special moment, relaxing and freeing yourself from all the cares of your daily routine: Hotel Ansitz Plantitscherhof offers its guests an appealing vacation residence marked by individual luxury, exclusive highlights and a romantic atmosphere, totally dedicated to extraordinary experiences certain to appeal to all senses and sensibilities. With its successful combination of modern and traditional in a fresh, clear design with countless loving details, a unique home-away-from-home has been created in which guests, from the time they arrive until when they leave for home, are treated to divine relaxation in every form in combination with our personal and passionate service. In keeping with our motto: It has to be something special.
Finest lifestyle comforts raised to perfection are provided thanks to comfortably furnished, modern rooms & suites. Rooms bathed in natural light, appointed in exquisite materials, some also with their own infinity pool and sauna, serve as ideal personal retreats for private relaxation, meeting every need and allowing you to feel totally at ease during your holidays.
This rejuvenating atmosphere also extends to the recreational facilities including the elegant Golden SPA, which, with its saltwater indoor pool, sauna and various wellness amenities, invites you to unwind unconditionally. In addition, in the exercise room on the sun terrace, with its breathtaking panoramic views, we offer an extensive body & mind program which includes Kick-Fit, yoga, Chi gong and singing-bowl meditation, all designed to help you rediscover and restore your inner balance.
A delectable highlight of any stay at Hotel Ansitz Plantitscherhof is a dinner in the garden restaurant with retractable panoramic roof and Mediterranean terrace, where guests are treated to the creative culinary artistry of head chef Norbert Hanifle as well as the unique natural ambience. The stylish bar in the courtyard serves as a focal point and gathering spot at practically any time, either for a cappuccino in the morning, a refreshing drink whenever, or a cocktail to wind down the day… For extraordinary evenings and special occasions, there is nowhere better than the smallest restaurant in South Tyrol, a historic wine cellar with the traditional, cozy atmosphere radiated by wood and stone, warm candlelight and gentle music.
At Hotel Ansitz Plantitscherhof, diverse and unique worlds of flavor await delectable discovery: For example, according to their personal tastes and mood, guests can select from 350 types of whiskey and rum, 60 different gins as well as full-flavored cigars. The selection is completed by an impressive collection of 23,000 excellent wines representing some 900 labels.
This venerable house is particularly remarkable for its special passion for vintage cars. Highlights such as the opportunity to rent our own vintage vehicles, take rides together in our historic VW bus, along with the newly created “Vintage Car Living Room” – a cozy meeting point – give this hotel its extraordinary quality and nostalgic charm.
The jewel of Hotel Ansitz Plantitscherhof continues to be its garden paradise with a romantic inner courtyard, a place of gentle tranquility, the sweet fragrances and vivid colors of the widest variety of plants and flowers imaginable. This beautiful oasis of recreation also provides for convivial, cozy evenings spent next to the garden fireplace.
Our Highlights – for your extraordinary holiday experiences
- Sleeping under the open skies – an extraordinary adventure above the rooftops of Merano
- Panorama Tour – together with Johannes Gufler, you will discover the most beautiful places in South Tyrol, the finishing touches added by an exquisite picnic accompanied by unique panoramas.
- Genusstafel – the Genusstafel is all about delectation and conviviality as guests savor exquisite dishes and wines in the pleasant atmosphere of the wine cellar. A location that regularly hosts a variety of events such as Rock & Wine, cellar tours and many more.
- Guided wine tours – Johannes Gufler drives guests in his VW bus to the southern wine-growing regions of South Tyrol for wine tastings in a convivial setting.
- Dinner-for-two in the romantic wine cellar – a palate-pleasing experience amid 20,000 select wines awaits you
- Vintage car rental – rent out one of the hotel’s own vintage cars and explore the roads of Merano
- Whisky & rum tasting – intensive palate-pleasing experience at the bar
- Eating in the Dark – a feast for the senses
- Champagne Breakfast – caviar, salmon and many other delicacies get the day off to an appetizing start
- Fitness in your room – individual, undisturbed workouts in your own hotel room
New Highlights at Hotel Ansitz Plantitscherhof
- Sun-bathed rooms and suites. A very special highlight: the new Penthouse and Wellness Suites with private infinity pool and/or sauna
- The Garden Restaurant with panoramic retractable roof
- The new kitchen, an expansive space for culinary creativity
- The convenient connecting tunnel between the main house and adjacent building
- Free parking in the new two-storey underground garage
- Rentable walk-in bike lockers
- The newly designed garden with fireplace
- The heatable outdoor pool for year-round swimming enjoyment
- The private Vintage Car Living Room for convivial get-togethers
Payment: MasterCard, Visa, Maestro/bank card, cash
Closing days: none
Opening times: 7 to 9 p.m.
Dining rooms: White Salon, Stube, Winter Garden, Palm Garden, Pergola Garden
Waalwege paths, Sissi Path, botanical garden at Schloss Trauttmansdorff, Schloss Sigmundskron (R. Messner Museum), Ötzi Museum, Schloss Tirol