Castle Hotel Halbturn “Knappenstöckl”
Halbturn - Burgenland - Austria
The palace of Schloss Halbturn lies in northern Burgenland, close to the Lake Neusiedl. Housed in the former residential wing of stable hands, the rooms and suites greet you with romantic comforts. Exhibitions and concerts delight art and music fans.
Hunting lodge and imperial summer residence
Schloss Halbturn, the most important baroque palace in the Burgenland, once served as hunting lodge and summer residence to the Austrian imperial household. This palace lies in northern Burgenland, close to the Lake Neusiedl, and is today one of this province’s most valuable historical tourist attractions. Built in the year 1711 by Lucas v. Hildebrandt, Schloss Halbturn was acquired by Empress Maria Theresia and became a private holding of the Habsburg-Lorraine family.
Arts, Culture & Fine Dining
Today, Schloss Halbturn is owned by Markus Graf zu Kœnigsegg-Aulendorf, the adopted son of Baron Paul Waldbott-Bassenheim. The deceased and his spouse, Marietheres, née Reichsgräfin von Wickenburg, created a multifaceted world of memorable experiences. Art and culture aficionados are greeted by numerous exhibitions, music fans delight in the castle concerts. The restaurant serves up exquisite fine dining, whilst wine-lovers are able to enjoy top wines from the estate’s own vineyards.
Castle Hotel Halbturn »Knappenstöckl«
Most recently, as the result of an initiative of the current leaseholders, the Wieser family, hotel rooms and suites with all the modern comforts and a true love for detail were built in the venerable old residential wing once used by stable hands (hence the moniker »Knappenstöckl«). True to their motto “Eat – Drink – Meet – Live“, here amid the baroque ambience of Halbturn Palace and surrounded by a magnificent castle park, guests of the hotel will find relaxation, peace and strength befitting royalty.
Accepted payment methods: Mastercard, Diners Club, Visa, American Express, Maestro/Bankomat, cash
Day off: Monday
Opening hours: 09:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.; closed January to March
Dining rooms: Philippa (25 seats), Jägerstüberl (30 seats), Natalie (65seats)
National Park Neusiedlersee, openair museum Mönchhof